The underground rock scene lives here. The Basement features both national and local bands on the rise, cause let's face it, you gotta start somewhere.
Fueled by the desire to become the next rock gods, The Basement offers a room for bands to fine tune their craft while making a name for themselves.
The Basement hosts a wide variety of musicians and provides a stepping-stone for bands on the rise looking to graduate to the levels of the Newport and then to EXPRESS LIVE!.
The Basement is located next to EXPRESS LIVE! in downtown Columbus' Arena District. The Basement offers the next big band a chance to create an underground buzz and give their musical careers a jump start. From the hard hitting sound system to the battered old couches, The Basement truly is a one of a kind experience. It may be new to you, but once you're here, you'll swear you've been here before.
Concert highlights include: Pete Yorn, Delta Spirit, Chance the Rapper, Local Natives, The National, Manchester Orchestra, Awolnation, J Roddy Walston & The Business, Fun., The Raveonettes, Phantogram, Bummers, The 1975, Jacob Dylan, We are Scientists, Gogol Bordello, Tristan Prettyman, Local H, Future Islands, Passenger, The Orwells, Surfer Blood, Nada Surf, Allen Stone, Mike Watt, Dr. Dog, Company of Thieves, The Walkmen, Fall Out Boy, twenty one pilots, Butch Walker, Howie Day, Tokyo Police Club, The Heavy, Howie Day, The Devil Makes Three, Bowling for Soup, Foxy Shazam, Mickey Avalon, Lemonheads, Collie Buddz, Polyphonic Spree, Bosnian Rainbows, The Virginmary’s, The Veronicas, The Stills, Stellastarr*, 10 Years, Flyleaf, Hot Hot Heat, Hackensaw Boys, Mike Perkins, Z-Trip, Lovedrug, Finger Eleven, The Cliks, Hurt.
Coming to a show? Get some answers:
"What can't I bring to a show with me?"
For the safety of both concert patrons and our staff, we do not allow the following items:
• Oversized bags or backpacks of any kind (see above for approved bags and sizes)
• Outside food, drink, bottles or cans
• Coolers, lawn chairs (or seats with any metal in them), umbrellas
• Recording devices, go-pros, selfie sticks, drones, phone stabalizers
• Fireworks, candles, laser pointers, incendiary devices
• Inline skates, skateboards, bicycles, razer scooters, helmets
• Pets (exceptions for service dogs, etc...)
• Any form of weapon, including knives, tasers, mace or pepper spray
• Anything with spikes/studs on them (shoes, bracelets, rings, clothing)
• Strollers, car seats
• iPads and other tablets (with camera capabilities)
• Musical instruments and promotional materials (flyers, CDs, stickers)
• Inflatiables, signs, banners
• Illegal drugs and drug paraphanelia
"Are your concerts open to all ages?"
Yes. Unless otherwise indicated, our events are open to all ages.
"What time is the show?"
The time listed on your ticket is the time that the doors will open for the show. Live music will usually start about an hour after the doors open, but that's always subject to change. Also, we don't usually know the set times, that's up to the bands to decide.
"Where can I purchase tickets?"
ticketmaster.com, charge by phone at 1-800-745-3000, or at our venues. EXPRESS LIVE! and Stage AE Box Offices are open at Noon on show days, and the Newport Music Hall Box Office is open at 10:00am on show days.
"Do I have to pay service charges at your box office?"
Tickets for most of our events have a service charge of $3.00 per ticket.
"Where do I pick up my Will Call tickets?"
Will Call tickets can be picked up at the Box Office at the door time for Newport shows, and beginning approximately two hours prior to the door time for EXPRESS LIVE! and Stage AE shows.
"My ticket says 'General Admission' -- what's that mean?"
Almost all of our shows are general admission standing room only, which means that there is no assigned seating, if there's seating at all. On occasions when events are seated, the ticket agent will be able to help you select the best available reserved seating location at your time of purchase. If you require ADA accessible seating for a general admission show, a member of our Guest Serives staff can help accommodate your needs when you arrive.
"I bought tickets for a show and now one of the bands are not playing. Can I get a refund?"
Unfortunately no, unless the headliner is no longer playing. Support bands often change through the tour.
"Can I leave the show and come back?"
Almost all of our events have a "no re-entry" policy, which means once you enter, you cannot leave and re-enter. There are food and beverages available on-site, as well as an ATM.
"Does my child need a ticket to get in?"
Yes. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket unless otherwise posted.
"Can I bring a camera, video camera, or recording device?"
The camera policy is set by the artist. Generally, the rule is that no professional cameras or recording devices of any kind are allowed. Many artists will allow you to bring a disposable or small digital camera. If you have a question about the camera policy for a specific show, please contact us.
"Can we smoke at the show?"
Indoor shows are non-smoking.
"What happens if I've lost my ticket?"
You will need to try and get a replacement from where you made your purchase.
"Can I get a refund if I can't make it to the show"
Sorry, as indicated on your ticket, there are no refunds or exchanges. If a show is canceled or postponed, then you may seek a refund at your point of purchase.
Where To Stay
Coming in from out of town? Check out our friends over at the Sheraton, Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square, for the best deal. Located right down town, you'll be close to the show and all of the night life Columbus has to offer!
Click here, for our concert fan discount.
Season tickets are not available for The Basement. Please see EXPRESS LIVE! and Newport Music Hall pages for ticket package details.
Advertising & Sponsorship
PromoWest Productions offers advertising and sponsorship programs that are customized to provide each sponsor a unique platform to connect to our vastly diverse audience. Through special promotions, brand activations, customized programs, “grass roots” and traditional advertising, sponsors are provided direct access to an active and trend-setting demographic. Packages may include:
- Indoor and Outdoor Signage
- Show Sponsorship / Media Placement
- Online Advertising & Promotions
- Social Media Programs
- On-site booth display & promotions / Sampling & Couponing
- VIP Ticket Packages & Special Offers
- Customized Brand Activation Programs
- Naming Rights / Branded Locations / Product Placement
- Video Kiosks and Billboards
- Digital Advertisements
- Commercials on PromoWest Live TV show airing weekly on NBC4 after SNL
For more information on advertising at EXPRESS LIVE!, Newport Music Hall, A&R Music Bar and The Basement, contact:
Mike Cash at 614.461.5483 ext. 115 or Mike@promowestlive.com
Become a member of the Decibel Club, PromoWest Productions' premier concert club.
As a member of the Decibel Club you will receive:
- 4 tickets to the concert(s) of your choice to any qualifying show at the EXPRESS LIVE!, Newport, The Basement or A&R Music Bar
- Early entrance to evry show at every Columbus venue (valid for member plus 1 guest with Decibel Club membership card)
- one (1) Decibel Club membership card**
- Weekly PromoWest newsletter keeping you up-to-date with the latest concert info
- Exclusive access to:
- two-for-one ticket offers
- Presale opportunities
- FREE concert tickets*
- Box seats, contests, soundcheck parties and meet & greet opportunities
*For a complete list of terms and conditions, click here.
**Decibel Club membership cards can be picked up by member at either the EXPRESS LIVE! or Newport Music Hall box office.
PromoWest gift cards are a great present for the music lover in your life! Gift cards can be redeemed for tickets (in person at the box office) or drinks at any Columbus PromoWest venue and they never expire.
Purchase today online or at the box office.